CMAT 2017 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of CMAT 2017 was a multiple choice objective type test, which was conducted in a two-day window on January 28 and January 29, 2017 (Reserved Day). There had been no change in the pattern of the test. CMAT 2017 was conducted in computer based mode only having four sections with 25 questions in each section. The duration of the test was of 180 minutes. Candidates can check here all the details about CMAT exam pattern such as question paper pattern, marking scheme, number of questions, etc.
Highlights of CMAT Exam Pattern 2017
- CMAT was a computer-based admission test for post-graduate management programme to AICTE approved institutes.
- CMAT 2017was a single session and consisted of four sections, Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension and General Awareness.
- The total number of questions to be answered by the candidates was 100 and the total marks of the test were 400. Each section had 25 questions.
- There were 4 options for each question among which the test takers had to choose only 1 correct option.
- Students had 180 minutes to complete the test, with no break during this time window
- CMAT did not have any sectional time limit.
- Candidates could complete any of the sections as per their time management
CMAT Exam Pattern 2017
CMAT Marking Scheme: As per the marking scheme, for each correct answer, there were 4 marks, for each wrong answer 1 mark would have been deducted.
CMAT Exam Pattern 2017 - Topics Covered
The questions will be asked from the four subjects in the paper:
Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation: The topics covered in this section were-
- Quadratic and linear equations
- Number Systems
- Fraction and Decimals
- Ratios and Proportion
- Time Speed and Distance
- Work and time
- Alligation and Mixtures
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Permutations and Combinations
- Tabulation, Pie chart, Bar Chart, Line Graph(DI)
Logical Reasoning: The topics are covered in this section are-
- Statements and assumptions
- Statements Arguments
- Cause and effects
- Statements and conclusion
- Analytical reasoning
- Statements Assumptions
- Non Verbal Tests (Visual reasoning)
- Analogy Test
- Number series
- Direction and Distance test
- Ranking Tests
- Linear arrangements
- Matrix arrangements
- Blood relationship test
- Symbol based problems
- Sequencing, coding and decoding problem
Language Comprehension: The topics are covered in this section are-
- Idioms and Phrases
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Sentence correction
- paragraph completion
- English Usage Errors
- One Word Subsitution
- Sentence Improvement
- English Grammar
- Para Jumbled
General Awareness: The topics are covered in this section are-
- Current Affairs of National, International, Economic, etc.
- Sports News
- Personalities in News
- Trade Awareness (Corporate news)
- Science in every day life
- Indian Constitution